Even casual fans of the Food Network personality Ina Garten know she’s devoted to quality. In her TV show “Barefoot Contessa,” she often emphasizes using “goodolive oil” and “good vanilla.”Madagascar vanilla beans often come up in her baking. They’re also one of the most-searched-for products. Are you curious about what to do with vanilla beans yourself?
Madagascar Vanilla Beans
Feel like an artisanal home cook with some Madagascar vanilla beans in your kitchen. They’re surprisingly versatile. You can use them in either sweet or savory dishes. Stored properly, they’ll last for years, so it’s a worthwhile culinary investment. Keep them cool and dry in an airtight container. You can be just like Ina and use them to make your own vanilla extract. Just add vodka! (Feel free to mix yourself a cocktail while you’re at it.)
Other Vanilla Bean Products
Want to take some baby steps before committing to the vanilla beans themselves? Or maybe you don’t have the time to create vanilla-essence products.Red Stick Spice has crafted and curated the best vanilla products. Use these to make your kitchen life a bit easier—and more delicious.
- Pure Vanilla Extract: Only the finest, late harvest, hand-selected Madagascar Beans are used in this extract. The result is a rich, complex and intense flavor. Elevate your favorite dessert recipes to add deep layers of warm vanilla flavor.
- Pure Vanilla Bean Puree: A scoopable vanilla bean, you can use this puree when you want those distinctive "little black specks." It's perfect in gelato, whipped cream and creme brulée. Our favorite recipes using it areChai Spiced Oatmeal,Vanilla Hazelnut Coffee Cake Muffins, and Pavlova.
- Vanilla Bean Sea Salt: This time, Tahitian vanilla beans combine with hand-harvested sea salt. Replace your baking salt with this. Use it in ourSpicy Chocolate Matzo Bark,Blood Orange Sweet Potatoes, andCinnamon Spiced Ice Cream.
- Vanilla Bean Sugar: A MUST for baking. Rich, ripe vanilla beans stud this delectable sugar with a delicious, comforting flavor. Sprinkle it on banana bread, use it to sweeten coffee or tea, or make someBaked French Toast with Very Vanilla Strawberry Sauce.
- Vanilla Bean Powder: This powder is a gluten and alcohol-free alternative to vanilla extract. Ground Madagascar vanilla beans and corn sugar combine to create this unique powder. Dust it on waffles, pancakes, french toast or oatmeal. Check out how we use it in ourHomemade Marshmallows recipe. S'mores anyone?
Your Local Spice Company OnlineWe’rebased in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. But thanks to the magic of the Internet, anyone can purchase ourproducts! Browse all of our high-qualityoils,vinegars,sweeteners andteas. Consider us your partners on your culinary adventures. If you have any questions or need some direction, we’re just an email or phone call away—225-930-9967. Cheers!