The holiday season is nearly synonymous with baking and cooking. Over these few months, you probably spend more time in the kitchen than the rest of the year combined! And for us at Red Stick Spice in Baton Rouge, food is our favorite holiday custom. Seasonal cooking has an especially strong ability to gather family, friends, even coworkers. Don your apron, assemble yourspices, and break out yourrecipes. It’s time for cheer!
Our Baton Rouge Holiday Recipes
We all have our favorite family recipes. They’re some of our most significant traditions and are often rites of passage as relatives come of age. It wouldn’t feel like Christmas without them. If you have room on your table for something new, we humbly suggest sampling one of our festive favorites. (Psst, gift yourself one of oursubscription boxes to explore new recipes all year long!)
- Chai-Spiced Oatmeal: Perfect for mornings when your house is full of holiday guests. OurChai Spice Blend andVanilla Puree elevate a sometimes-boring breakfast. Served with a small buffet of toppings, everyone can choose their own adventure!
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Ginger Sugar: Ginger isn’t just for gingerbread houses! Delight your family with this unexpected side dish accented with ourGinger Sugar andArbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Mulled Wine with Satsumas: You might think of mulled wine as being a little British-y, but this version is 100% Louisiana.Local honey and home-grown satsumas complement ourMulling Spices. Added to some red wine, it's the official warm beverage of the holiday season.
- Pfeffernüsse: Gesundheit! Just kidding, Pfeffernüsse are actually cookies are original to Germany, Denmark, and the Netherlands.Gingerbread Spice Blend is baked within and dusted on top. The aroma is as yummy as the taste.
I’ll Have a Brew Christmas
There’s no better time to cradle a mug of something warm. Do so in front of a fireplace—or relaxing outside in shorts because it’s south Louisiana. (It’s a good thing so many of our teas are delicious on ice!) Either way, these are some of our favorite merry brews to sip during this most wonderful time of the year. Love teas or know someone who does? Look into our tea subscription box to gift them a new set of brews each month.
- Holly Jolly Tea: Orange peel, cinnamon, and cloves combine in a Sri Lankan black tea. It’s basically Christmas in your cup.
- Figgy Pudding Tea: A green tea filled with fig, plums, and vanilla flavors. A little caffeine and lots of colors, it’s great warm with a spot of milk and sugar.
- Mint Condition Tea: Peppermint is a no-brainer this time of year. This herbal blend combines it with spearmint to settle tummies and clear sinuses.
- Mocha Nut Mate: If you don’t have something chocolatey during Christmastime, is it even Christmastime? Cacao nibs add a satisfying richness to this mate. It’s delicious hot or cold.