You can’t get more down to basics than olive oil. Don’t let the familiarity of olive oil prevent you from finding new and intriguing ways to use (and enjoy!) this kitchen must-have. Besides all the glorious regions that produce a variety of olive oils, there is an array of flavored olive oils to sample and savor (Smidgen host Anne Milneck shares some suggestions for you to try—available from Red Stick Spice Company.)
If you are ready to get some new eyes for olive oil, dive into this episode of Smidgen. Plus—you’ll get a dinner idea you can use this week and a dessert idea (a dessert CHALLENGE in fact.) Don’t miss the secret bonus way to use olive oil (get out your cocktail shaker. You read that right: olive oil in a cocktail. Who knew?!) An especially delicious episode of Smidgen.
Mentioned on the show:
- Make salmon this week using the “lazy simmer” method using olive oil. Crispy Skin Salmon recipe here.
- Ooh la la, try Herbes de Provence extra virgin olive oil from Red Stick Spice Company.
- Anne recommends mushroom lovers try Porcini Extra Virgin Olive Oil. A treat for sauteing and as a finishing drizzle.
- Garlic gets a lot of love, but consider Red Stick Spice’s Shallot Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Allium amazement awaits you.
- Bake up some Citrus Olive Oil Mini Loaf Cakes. Try the very popular Meyer Lemon Olive Oil; get hyped for Blood Orange Avocado Oil—both from Red Stick Spice Company.
- Do you pledge to take the olive oil on ice cream challenge? DON’T RUN AWAY YET. Read up about it here (you’ll thank us later.)
- Anne wrote a blog post about these three ways to use olive oil. Read it here.
- Bonus way to use olive oil: Try an Olive Oil Gin Sour – credit to Julianna McIntosh; recipe found on the FeedFeed. So tasty!
- How do I get the Red Stick Spice Company newsletter with recipes and cooking ideas? Sign up for our newsletter here.
- Follow Red Stick Spice Co socials, includingFacebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Anne Milneck | Red Stick Spice Company