Happy 4 days until Thanksgiving. Today: Shake and store a vinaigrette; cook your cranberry sauce; infuse a cardamom simple syrup. Hint: you’ll use the simple syrup for whipped cream later on with an amazing pie we’re going to make in a few days.
Cranberry Sauce for Thanksgiving
- Make Ginger Pear Cranberry Sauce. You’ll love how the ginger compliments the Fall pear and cranberries. It’s a hit! Recipe here: https://blog.redstickspice.com/recipe/ginger-pear-cranberry-sauce/
- Please note: there will not be can ridges on this sauce. We know that’s a disappointment to some of y’all. We are confident this fresh sauce will make up for it.
Vinaigrette for Thanksgiving
- Include this wonderful Pomegranate Salad with Carrots and Blue Cheese in your Thanksgiving menu. Make the salad ON Thanksgiving; make the dressing today.
- This is a shake-n-store vinaigrette: pour all the ingredients in a jar; shake with vigor; pop in the fridge; DONE.
Vinaigrette recipe here along with the salad recipe.
Steep Cardamom Simple Syrup
- Make a Cardamom Infused Simple Syrup—great for cocktails, but you’ll also use it to sweeten a whipped cream later this week. Try it! It uses whole cardamom pods—a little different than what you might be used to. Recipe here: https://blog.redstickspice.com/recipe/cardamom-simple-syrup/
- Cardamom is featured on this recent episode of Smidgen—listen here: 5 Spices to Add to Your Spice Rack.
- How do I get the Red Stick Spice Company newsletter with recipes and cooking ideas? Sign up for our newsletter here.
- Follow Red Stick Spice Co socials, includingFacebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
- We are thankful for you, the listeners of Smidgen.
Hear all Smidgen episodes on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Pandora,or your browser, or your favorite podcast app. Smidgen is the award-winning podcast of Red Stick Spice Co.
Anne Milneck | Red Stick Spice Company