Three days until Thanksgiving, this is a biggie. Monday: Brine the Bird and whip up a delicious batch of Make Ahead Gravy.
How to Brine a Thanksgiving Turkey
- Anne’s favorite way to brine a Thanksgiving turkey is to dry brine the bird 3 days before Thanksgiving and store it open in the fridge. Use Red Stick Spice Company Dry Brine. Shop Dry Brine Blend here.
- If you want to learn more about other brining methods, listen to our recent Smidgen episode, Brine Time Anytime.
- Red Stick Spice also offers a Turkey Brine Kit. Shop here.
How to Make Thanksgiving Gravy
- Straight from the Red Stick Spice Company Teaching Kitchen is this recipe for Make Ahead Gravy. It yields a whopping 8 cups of gravy that your family is going to love. Recipe: https://blog.redstickspice.com/recipe/make-ahead-turkey-gravy/
- DO NOT toss the drippings from the day-of Thanksgiving turkey! Listen to the episode to learn what Anne does with those precious juices.
More from Red Stick Spice Company
- How do I get the Red Stick Spice Company newsletter with recipes and cooking ideas? Sign up for our newsletter here.
- Follow Red Stick Spice Co socials, includingFacebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
- We are thankful for you, the listeners of Smidgen.
Hear all Smidgen episodes on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Pandora,or your browser, or your favorite podcast app. Smidgen is the award-winning podcast of Red Stick Spice Co.
Anne Milneck | Red Stick Spice Company