HEAR ALL SMIDGEN EPISODES ON APPLE PODCASTS, SPOTIFY, GOOGLE PODCASTS, PANDORA, OR YOUR BROWSER OR YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST APP.
If you or someone in your family is going plant-based with their eating, getting some great vegan recipes into your mealtime lineup can be a lifesaver. Smidgen host and owner of Red Stick Spice Company Anne Milneck’s own daughter went vegan and Anne explains some expert tips for how to navigate the culinary landscape that comes with this type of eating. After you learn all of Anne’s tips, it’s on to five essential vegan recipes that you’re going to love to eat—whether you are a vegan or not!
How do I start cooking vegan food?
- Anne has a great blog post that collects all these recipes into one place. Read the blog post here:https://blog.redstickspice.com/5-essential-vegan-recipes/
- Here’s some resources Anne recommends when expanding your vegan cooking:
- Minimalist Baker: https://minimalistbaker.com/
- Oh She Glows: https://ohsheglows.com/
- Ottolenghi cook books help a lot: https://ottolenghi.co.uk/shop/books
- Eat Like You Give a ****: https://www.badmanners.com/book/official-cookbook
- Veganomicon: https://www.amazon.com/Veganomicon-10th-Anniversary-Ultimate-Cookbook/dp/0738218995
- Mark Bittman VB6: https://markbittman.com/book-covers-descriptions/sf79lr36et2g7eiao10t0znewd20wn
- Six Seasons—a must have: https://www.joshuamcfadden.com/sixseasons
-How do I get the Red Stick Spice Company newsletter with recipes and cooking ideas? Sign up for our newsletter here.