HEAR ALL SMIDGEN EPISODES ON APPLE PODCASTS, SPOTIFY, GOOGLE PODCASTS, PANDORA, OR YOUR BROWSER OR YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST APP.
Honey is more than a sweetener in a jar, hiding in your pantry. On this episode of Smidgen, host Anne Milneck—chef and owner of Red Stick Spice Company—gives us four delicious ways to add honey to our cooking. This episode is to help celebrate pollinator week, a celebration of the buzzing beneficials that help flowers bloom and food grow. (Be sure to follow Red Stick Spice Company on Facebook and Instagram so you can see how Anne is honoring pollinators this week!)
What ways can honey be used in cooking?
- Try a honey simple syrup for cocktails or mocktails for an elegant spin on your favorite sips. Recipe: https://blog.redstickspice.com/recipe/honey-simple-syrup/
- Honey is a great contrast to herbs and the slight tartness of ricotta. Try Whipped Herbed Ricotta with Honeycomb. Recipe: https://blog.redstickspice.com/recipe/whipped-herbed-ricotta-with-honeycomb/
- Finish your meal with Honey Espresso Sugar Cookies. Listed with no further explanation needed.
Mentioned on the episode:
- Look at these beautiful bee hives from Flow. Their collection can be seen here: https://www.honeyflow.com/collections/flow-hives (also they have a beginner bee keeper guide, too!)
- Anne has a blog post about cooking with honey, complete with links to recipes. Read the post: https://blog.redstickspice.com/4-ways-to-cook-with-honey/
-How do I get the Red Stick Spice Company newsletter with recipes and cooking ideas? Sign up for our newsletter here.