Intuitive cook, Improv cook, Recipe cook—which type are you? What are each of these home cook types like, and how can knowing which type of home cook you are help you be a better cook? In the over 300 cooking classes taught at Red Stick Spice Co., (and YES—Anne’s counted them!) the instructors and staff have noticed some patterns… some styles… some types, if you will. Now, this is no criticism, in fact Smidgen host and owner of Red Stick Spice Co. Anne Milneck thinks knowing your type is actually a boon. There’s something to be learned from each type, and knowing your type can improve your cooking skills. By the end of the episode, you’ll know what kind of cook you are and have specific tips and recipes to try to understand who you are in the kitchen even better.
Mentioned on the show:
- This episode is inspired by this blog post, penned by Anne. LINKS to all the recipes mentioned on the podcast can be found here. Be sure to click over and see the amazing pictures of Timmie Callais modeling each cook type in the Red Stick Spice Co. Teaching Kitchen.
- Test out your cooking style while making Sheet Pan Pizza Chicken with Pancetta, Mozzarella, and Spicy Tomatoes. Yum! Recipe here.
- Intrigued by the Roasted Root Burger Anne was enticingly describing on the episode? It’s a featured dish in the Cooking with a Cardiologist class. Learn more here. (We love you Dr. Gadi!)
- Did you say Folded TikTok Breakfast Tortilla? Make your own—recipe here.
- How do I get the Red Stick Spice Company newsletter with recipes and cooking ideas? Sign up for our newsletter here.
- Follow Red Stick Spice Co socials, including Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
Hear all Smidgen episodes on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Pandora,or your browser, or your favorite podcast app. Smidgen is the award-winning podcast of Red Stick Spice Co.
Anne Milneck | Red Stick Spice Company