Avocado Oil often takes customers by surprise, but it's time to make this healthy and delicious workhorse a staple in the kitchen! Avocado Oil boasts many of the health benefits of Olive Oil, but its high smoke point makes it much more versatile. Now, pair that versatility with Blood Orange...wow! That's a match made in culinary heaven. Here are our Five (no, Six) Ways with Blood Orange Avocado Oil:
1. Bread Dipping. We love this oil with our Fig Balsamic Vinegar. Swirl the two together and serve with warm Focaccia for dipping.
2. Roasted Brussel Sprouts. (Yes, brussel sprouts.) Halve those little cabbages and sprinkle with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and drizzle with Blood Orange Avocado OIl. Use about 2 Tbl oil for every pound of brussel sprouts. Roast at 400 until tender and golden brown--about 35-40 minutes. And those little overbrowned bits...that's the best part!
3. Sweet Potatoes. This technique can be as simple as a steamed sweet potato with a little salt and a Blood Orange Avocado Oil drizzle. Or as grand as Lori's Sweet Potato Gratin. Whatever technique you choose, the sweet tubers and this oil were meant to be together.
5. Chicken Mole. Chiles, spices, citrus and chocolate. We love this combo. Pair our Mole Spice Blend with Blood Orange Avocado Oil for a delectable meal that transforms chicken into a celebration-worthy dish.
6. Fish Packets. (We couldn't stop at five.) Place a fish filet--try drum, grouper or tilapia--in a simple foil or parchment paper packet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with Blood Orange Avocado Oil. Add some thin slices and strips of onion, bell pepper, zucchini and squash. Seal up the packet and bake at 375 for about 15 minutes or until the fish is opaque, cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.