In honor of our soon-to-be move into the Mid City neighborhood of Baton Rouge and in honor of our love for all things local, we've put together the Mid City Gift Guide: a curated list combining some our favorite items, from our favorite local vendors, paired with our favorite Red Stick Spice Co. flavors.
We headed out in search of unique gifts -- the kind you can only really find at local small businesses. Next on our list: Honeymoon Bungalow. Honeymoon Bungalow is a vintage shop in Mid City that specializes in the 1950's, 60's & 70's. In the shop, you'll find some of the city's most unique housewares, furniture, lighting, clothing, art, books and more.
Upon entering, we we're instantly faced with a challenge: with so many beautiful items, how does one pick? Deciding on the perfect gifts took some thought. Fondue set? Linens? Cookbooks? After studying the items in the shop, we decided vintage bakeware would take the cake.
We walked away with beautiful and clearly time-tested pieces of bakeware -- the kind that'd make your grandma proud.
1. Dark cocoa powder (Organic, fair trade -- Red Stick Spice Co.)
2. Ground vanilla beans (Organic -- Red Stick Spice Co.)
3. Vintage cupcake pans (Honeymoon Bungalow)
4. Vintage steel hand crank mixer & egg beater (Honeymoon Bungalow)
5. Pure almond extract (Red Stick Spice Co.)
6. Vanilla Bean Sugar (Red Stick Spice Co.)
7. Vintage copper and stainless steel cookie press with cookie cutter accessories (Honeymoon Bungalow)
8. Pure chocolate extract (Red Stick Spice Co.)
To shop your favorite items from our gift guide, head to Honeymoon Bungalow on 3153 Government St. You can shop all of the Red Stick Spice products here on our website or come see us at our Jefferson or Downtown locations.